AMBER participants are due to attend a half-day seminar to be held in Brussels on the 17 April 2018, the day prior to the ID@Borders Conference (18-19 April 2018). The seminar is to discus the implications of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is coming into force on the 25 May 2018.
The event will be an open discussion about the implications of the GDPR for biometrics and help attendees to reflect how prepared they are.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Christian D’Cunha, Office of the European Data Protection Supervisor
- Pam Dixon, Member of Biometrics Institute Privacy Expert Group and Executive Director, World Privacy Forum
- Els Kindt, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Fernando Garcia-Quismondo, Grupo Santander
- Dan Bachenheimer, Member of Biometrics Institute Privacy Expert Group and Principal Director, Accenture Security